Sunday, December 6, 2009

Photo Project: Day 6

We had Andy's work Holiday Party last night. All day I was running around shopping trying to find something nice to wear. I was getting really stressed out. I don't know why I felt it was such a big deal and I should have started planning a little sooner. Maybe it was because I was told all the girls usually go out and buy a new dress and some get their hair and nails done. The guys all were to wear a suit and tie. I wasn't really wanting do do all that but I also wasn't wanting to be left out or look like a nerd. I had a hard time finding a compromise. So I got a new top, bracelet and shoes. The shoe thing was I either had to get my butt home and paint my toe nails or get shoes that covered them. I opted for the shoes last minute as I was running out of time.
I have to take a minute to mention the fact that it was practically required that the men wear a holiday tie. Yup while the girls go out and look as snazzy as possible the men folk had to wear cheesy ties. Not only do they have to wear a holiday tie to the party, they have to wear a holiday tie everyday of December, well the first 25 days. I guess it isn't in the rule book but they are under intense pressure to show up to work everyday with the cheesy, festive tie. Some battles just aren't worth fighting or ruffling feathers over, so my husband is now the proud owner of 4 holiday ties. And I will be adding that to my list of after Christmas clearance items to shop for.

No comments:

baby
baby