I woke up the next morning wondering how Andy's morning was going and much to my surprise I got a call from him around 7am telling me that they were sending him home because he had a cold. What!? He didn't have any more details than that at the time. So I played out all the other scenarios in my mind as I was waiting. I was pretty relieved and excited to see him again so soon, but knew I really didn't want to prolong this event, or have to say goodbye again. We both just want to get the show on the road so to speak. It's going to happen lets just get it over with.
They (the army people) had him come in to sign a new contract with a new shipping date of April 20 something. He had been praying about it the whole time he was waiting which was like hours upon hours of doing nothing. He told them he wasn't going to sign it, not something 6 months out. They were upset and asked why. Duh, our benefits ended yesterday since the Army benefits were supposed to start yesterday and we need income to live. What exactly did they think we were going to do? So they made some calls and he is now leaving Monday and will be with the same group he was going to be with, just a different company, given he is well and no longer sick. His recruiter was pretty surprised at the events and said that was just a fluke thing that they send someone home who has a cold. I am sure they are being careful with all the H1N1 stuff even though the Dr. didn't even look at him just asked a few basic questions.
So what happens if he is still sick? That is yet to be determined as of now we are planning on him leaving Monday. Crazy thing his friend called this morning with a job offer. Either way we both have a peace from God and know whatever happens God is orchestrating it and in control. Being in God's will is always the safest place to be. When we started this whole process with prayer and careful consideration we had decided to persue it until we couldn't anymore, and would take that as "no, this is not what you are supposed to do right now". Knowing he would probably need an age waiver and a medical waiver for the metal plate in his ankle there would be a few hurtles to cross. Things went pretty smoothly up until this point.
Don't get me wrong there is a part of me that doesn't want this to happen at all and wishes life could stay the same, but on the other hand I want him to be able to "be all that you can be" (cheesy I know) and since he has a desire to fight for his country and a patriotic spirit then I support him and am proud of what he accomplishes. At this point I don't think I am cut out to be a lifer military wife, but we will see what the future brings, maybe I will love it.
I am glad I will at least be leaving town on possibly Sunday or Monday so maybe goodbyes will be a little easier or at least different than they were on Tuesday.


4 comments:
wow...crazy! will be praying for you guys through out all this...no matter what happens!
welcome to military life!! i'm so sorry y'all had to go through that. and i'm very proud of andy for putting his foot down, and not signing that new contract. good for him.
What a crazy roller-coaster of emotions! We are praying for you and I promise to keep you very entertained and busy while he's gone!
Wow, talk about a roller coaster ride! I'm praying for you guys!
And by the way, saw some of your family pics on Katie's Facebook...SUPER cute!
Post a Comment