Anyway I would have been left to deal with all this on my own, I was prepared, really all I had to do was write the check and be inconvenienced for awhile but it is still stressful. They also found most of our drain pipe was clogged and were amazed our kitchen sink even drains at all. I guess I can't be surprised 70 years of muck is bound to build up over time. Think $$ signs just adding up. We are fortunate though that this is our first major home repair.
When I first got the call that they were sending Andy home, I couldn't help but wonder I wonder why, besides the obvious reason. My first thought was most extreme like maybe his plane was going to crash and God saved him from getting on it or some other major catastrophe.
Then we have the latest headlines with the Ft. Hood Massacre that happened yesterday, now that is a little creepy and very disturbing. I can't watch the news coverage non-stop because it is just depressing. He is going to Fort Jackson, South Carolina, but still you can't help but wonder why a little cold stopped him from being shipped out the day it was planned. And I still don't know, maybe we never will. Or maybe God knew I would need a little extra time and support with all the seemingly little things going on in our lives right now, or maybe it is part of a bigger picture. What ever reason it is, it is all in God's hands and he has it all under control.


2 comments:
Glad we didn't have to sleep down there with it like that! =)
oh jenny, reading that made me cry, but now its with happiness since i just got your text saying you and andy will be together! the "big MAN" is surely keeping your family together-we know he works in wonderous ways!!
Post a Comment