Monday, November 16, 2009

While the cat's away the mice will....

I was gone last week. Andy was also supposed to be gone at basic training last week. I thought the whole time I was gone he was working on getting a new job and preparing for a new job, and hanging out with friends. I was wrong he was doing a whole lot more. On my drive home he mentioned there was a surprise waiting for me. But wouldn't tell me anything else. Well there are many things that could be a surprise, like flowers or a clean house or just about anything. I didn't think much more of it with a 4 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old in the back seat there wasn't much time to ponder it. Well we got home, walked in the door and my keen eye for detail spotted something out of place. The shoe shelf that is normally in our closet was in the basement. Whaaat is going on? He wouldn't answer any of my questions. I went straight up to our room to see what was in the place of that shoe shelf and was absolutely amazed that our closet had been made over! I have been wanting to do this ever since we fixed up the nursery closet. See this post. These old houses come with some fun and interesting aspects but very little closets. This one had the standard rod and and shelves on the side that you could barely reach. And yes we do share it and neither of us store things in another closet, well we do switch out seasonal stuff that is in storage. Hooray for such an awesome and thoughtful husband!! I was completely shocked and surprised! Thanks honey for working so hard!

No comments:

baby
baby