Monday, October 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

We went to the Howell's Pumpkin Patch yesterday afternoon. It was such a perfect day for it and the sun was actually shining. This farm has strawberry picking, asparagus picking, Christmas tree chopping, they have something going on every season of the year. It was a fun afternoon. Dane loved the hay wagon ride, we sat up next to the tractor and he was making tractor sounds long after we got off. He kept trying to wave at the guy driving the tractor. It was pretty cute. They had lots of goats and other animals that Dane loved and kept pointing at. Andy and I enjoyed some of my favorite things, yummy hot apple spice cider and pumpkin bars we let Dane have a sample of the pumpkin bars who can resist that cute little face so sweetly signing please?


Look at that smile. He loved that I actually put him down on the ground and he could touch all the things around him.

Can you see it? Which is the cutest pumpkin in this picture?

So having his birthday on Reformation Day, I mean October 31st, there are many fun things that can be done as well as many cheesy things, right? I really wanted to carve open a pumpkin and stick him in it, you know Anne Geddes style.

I was driving Andy nuts looking for the biggest pumpkin I could find. I don't know if he will fit in one of those pumpkins pictured below, so I may have to scrap that idea, but seriously this is the only year he would even have a chance at fitting in one. Any cute ideas are welcome. He does have a little pumpkin Halloween costume. I figure this is the only year I can get away with dressing him up as a pumpkin, well maybe next year too but I know I will get voted down soon enough. Though a little GI Joe costume would be pretty cute as well.

That is 105 lbs of pumpkin including the one with the blue hood.

The End

3 comments:

Following The Fosters said...

hey jenn! i found you through abby's blog. do all the cute potentially embarrassing things you can now before he can veto you!

aubrey fogle said...

How I wish we would have been there with you!!! I love love love your blog!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love the pumpkin idea! I have a pretty big one from Fareway--you could totally plop the little cutie in it if you think he'd fit! I guess I'm not sure now without looking at it...we could just cut out the back bottom part...can you tell I really like this idea!?! I'm so glad you got to go to the pumpkin patch as a family! Sweet pictures!

baby
baby