Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Three Weeks

Andy leaves for basic training in three weeks from today. It still seems a bit surreal. It will happen soon enough and then maybe I will have a better answer as to how I am doing. Actually the first month I will be fairly busy. Out of town the first full week- it's going to be a fun one, back for a week and then out of town again for Thanksgiving week. Then a few more weeks until Christmas and hopefully we will get to see Andy as long as his drill sergent grants them Christmas exodus. Word on the street is it's about 10 days. Then come January it will be a long haul.
Have you ever seen the movie About a Boy? Where he (Huge Grant) lives his life in "blocks of time"? He arranges his day in thirty-minute intervaled blocks of time. His usual activities consist of watching TV (mostly game shows), shopping for new toys (CDs, DVDs, etc.), getting his hair professionally disheveled (four blocks of time). That is how I feel it's going to be. The first block of time going to Colorado with a friend. Get through the second "block of time" then go on my next trip. It's nice to look at my calendar and see that I have some fun things to look forward too.

Feel free to keep me busy!! Dane loves people and he gets quite crabby if I am the only one he sees all day long. One thing that is making this easier is knowing I have such great friends and a caring church family that are more than willing to help me out, so know I won't be 'all alone'. I have a feeling me and our dog are going to become better friends because I am going to need someone to be by my side if I get the creepers late at night.

We will find out mid April what Andy will be doing and where we will be moving. To sum it all up I figure I will be here until May or June sometime, then moving to an unknown at this time location. I hope it's somewhere fun, where people will want to visit us.

4 comments:

une autre mère said...

I love About a Boy, and I think that sectioning your days into "blocks of time" is a great idea! And I will definitely try my best to keep you busy! I need to get out a lot too or I get stir crazy with these 3 little ones! I hated reading the part about you moving in May or June. Can't he just be stationed here?!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Camp Dodge? I think that sounds like a lovely place to be stationed! I'll be praying for you especially these next few weeks that you will have great family times together!
If you MUST move, then I'll pray for a warm place! I'm already tired of being cold. I guess I could turn up the heat! :)

peter marie said...

I love About a Boy too!

We'd love to keep you busy. Dane and Harper need to continue their courting before you leave too! Then they'll have to resort to finger painted letters until you move BACK. :)

Following The Fosters said...

I haven't seen About a Boy in a long time! good movie!

baby
baby