It's hard to be crabby during bath time though.
I painted our other kitchen (that's right we have 2, it makes me feel rich to say that) lime green that I found in the $5 oops paint at Home Depot. I think I am going to turn this into a office/craft room before Andy leaves so I wont have to hang out in the yucky basement.
Here is the before picture. I bet he didn't expect this to get on the blog but I guess that's what you get for jumping in front of the only 'before' picture that turned out.
And I fixed up a lamp that I bought for $1 at a garage sale this summer. Just glued a little fabric to the shade and 'bam' new light fixture. An idea I stole from my friend Peter Marie. I have one more I think I may try to fix up.
Is it ridiculous to keep decorating and redoing things when I know I will be moving late spring/early summer? I don't know, at least I haven't put much money into, so far only $10 :o) I guess I still have to live here for many more months so I might as well enjoy it.
I also just completed my first "for hire" sewing alteration on a very lovely dress. It feels like an accomplishment since I have never tried anything like that before. (well I have tried by winging it, but I did it correctly this time) I called my mom who is an accomplished seamstress and she talked me through it. Though she did keep talking louder and louder until I understood how simple it was. Thanks mom for the help! Seriously it was simple, the hard part is being able to think backward and inside out.
That's all for now, the nap time silence has been broken.


3 comments:
I am still loving that lamp!
The wall turned out great.
Love the kitchen color.
I feel honored to be a part of your first very successful dress alteration. You've got some major skillz!
ca-ute lamp! and score on the $5 oops paint!! I think I need to shop in that section!
Love the paint color and fun lamp!
Also love the pics of Dane in the last post and all the cute stuff he's been up to. That's so cute that he says, "done" when nursing! He's such a smart little cute guy!
Post a Comment