Sunday, October 18, 2009

13.1

Andy ran the farthest he has ever ran today!! I am so proud of him, he completed half of the Des Moines marathon, that's right 13.1 miles. Actually it was the half marathon portion of the full marathon, he didn't only run half and quit :o) He had a group of guys he trained with and all the wives came out to support them! Here we are a little after mile 2 waiting to see our hubby's to run by, it turned out to be a nice day though 45 degrees early this morning felt pretty cold! We then walked to Starbucks and warmed up and got some yummy drinks then hightailed over to the finish line. We kept waiting and waiting, and then we saw Andy run by.
Here he is with the finish line in sight. He finished in 1 hour 47 minutes and 32 seconds. 1:47::32
We watched all the guys make it through the finish line. I had my video camera ready and thought I taped everyone running past, but for some reason it was all in vain and I didn't push play :o(
After the race the boys hobbled to the car and we we all met at Jethro's BBQ for a yummy feast.
Here is a little clip of Andy running by on his way to the finish line. Great job honey!

*edited to say: If you listen close Andy runs by and says "this sucks" It is about the time I lose track of him with the camera.

7 comments:

peter marie said...

Too bad you can't hear what Andy told us when he passed, but it's funny to see everyone else laughing at him!
What a fun day!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Yeah for Andy! Your morning looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad everything went well!

une autre mère said...

Yay Andy! And just so you know, your men inspired Chad to start running too. Maybe next year we'll be able to join you at the marathon! :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow go Andy! That cracks me up that he said "This sucks" That pretty much sums up my thoughts on running any distance. Kudos to him for making it the whole way!

peter marie said...

Oh, I guess my volume wasn't up so I couldn't hear what he said. :)
It was funny!

Jenn said...

Katie B. just to clarify, I only have one man :o)

une autre mère said...

Whatever Jenn... we all know your little secrets...

baby
baby