There seems to be quite the intrigue over our maple tree out front. Last weekend we were sitting in our living room and noticed outside our window a lady stopped her car got out with her camera and started taking pictures of our house. weird. very weird. Then I got closer to the window and tried to figure out what angle she was going for and realized she was aiming at our magnificent golden leaved maple tree. (At least I think it is maple, the leaves look really similar to the one on the Canadian flag.) I have to admit I did notice about a week ago it was the only tree on our street that was brilliant orange. I was driving home and saw it off in the distance and thought oh that is a pretty tree, then I realized it was in the middle of our front yard :o) It is leading the way into autumn, all the others were still green and still are mostly green. Then just this afternoon I was sitting in the dining room and a car stopped in front of our house with their flashers on. peculiar. A lady gets out of her car, I think she is coming to the door, for what, I was very curious. Only to realize she just wanted to pick up a few of our beautiful large golden maple leaves. I wish she would have taken more. We wanted to run out and tell her to bring some large bags next time and take as many as she could!
If there are any botanists out there, is this in fact a maple tree? If it is could I tap into it and get my own maple syrup? Now that would be yummy!
If there are any botanists out there, is this in fact a maple tree? If it is could I tap into it and get my own maple syrup? Now that would be yummy!
These pictures aren't even from this year, but you get the idea. The camera doesn't even do it justice. It looks this way every year. A beautiful golden glow shines in the kitchen, and it truly is pretty, but cleaning them up is a huge chore. Fun for the first large pile raked and jumped in, but after that the next 35 large paper bags becomes very tiring.
Here is one picture taken this year under the maple tree. I really hope it is a maple tree or I am going to feel really stupid.


6 comments:
Ugh...I'm with you--hate raking!! We do a leaf raking service project with our teens every year for the elderly in our church...it's good and tiring, and somehow our yard never reaps the benefits of it :)
We kind of gave up raking a few years ago...once the snow melts the leaves are pretty much dissolved. We hate yard work!
LOVE that picture of Dane. So cute!
Yeah, a good wind storm will usually take care of the leaves too :o)
I wouldn't know a maple from a...darn, I can't even think of another type of tree to compare it too -- anyway, don't feel stupid because I can't tell what kind of tree it is :)
That picture of Dane is too, too cute -- by the way when are you guys leaving?
Your tree is beautiful! I think I'll go with you on it being maple tree, although I don't really know!
Dane is the cutest little pumpkin baby ever!
You have a very charming house!! And Dane is so very cute:)
Post a Comment