Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A special surprise

While I was away having a baby two of my awesome friends planned a bathroom makeover for my stinky little bathroom I have been wanting to spruce up. This picture doesn't even do it justice to how dark and small and stinky it felt. The flash on the camera actually made the color brighter than it is (I mean was) in person.

It was the best surprise ever coming home from the hospital to have a big project completed. And I love it! Though I did have a hunch something was going on. After all, my mom, not knowing about the plan had offered to paint it while she was here encouraged me to purchase the paint before she arrived. Andy had already purchased some paint. So after I bought the paint a few days before Caedmon arrived Andy took an unusual interest on the return policy and what color the paint was and where I had put the paint so he could see the color. It wasn't that exciting of color, mostly white with a hint of blue. Then at the hospital he did step out of the room for a phone call and didn't fill me in on who (or is it whom? I don't really care) had called. It was ok I had a new baby so I wasn't going to bother myself with the peculiar behavior. The after pictures really don't do it justice but how do you even attempt to photograph such a tiny space? Trust me it looks amazing. They switched out the mirrors, painted the cabinet black and all the trim black, bye-bye oak trim! And the ceiling is black, which I think it all looks just perfect! They left the towel hook and cabinet hardware for me to pick out which I am excited about. I just need to find some time and energy to do some shopping.
Thank you girls for such an awesome gift!!




2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous! What a cool transformation! The wreath is my favorite! (Be careful standing on that toilet!!!)
I do love those friends too!

une autre mère said...

Wow! What a great change! We had the same mirror in our bathroom that we changed out too. Why do they put those stupid mirrors in there? And we have that same vanity. You totally have me wanting to paint our vanity now too! Those friends rock! :)

baby
baby