Monday, September 13, 2010

Updates

On a pregnancy note; I am still tired, big surprise. It's about every other day I feel like I can hardly drag myself around, then the next day I will be a little more energetic. I keep hoping I will get that last big nesting burst of energy and get some things finished up. Though I think that ugly dark holed bathroom is going to have to wait, even though I said it would be the first room I painted. Still need to finish up the nursery.


Here is a before and after of one of the rooms I have been working on all summer. There are still things that need tweaked here and there. Like one more chair, but it's always a work in progress. At least right now it is at a place where I can enjoy sitting in there and relax without running through my mind all that needs to be changed.

BEFORE:


AFTER:
I am not really a fan of oak trim. I really like a crisp white trim so I really wasn't a fan of the oak built in shelves, or what to put on them for that matter. I finally decided to make it into a library of sorts and put a ton of books on them to in a sense hide or tone down all the oakishness that was happening. The one side is still a little cluttered looking but for now it will do. I think I need to stash the DVD's but the thing is the shelf they are resting on only has 3 out of 4 supports, so DVD's are about all it will hold right now.

1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I am sooo with you both on the being tired and the oak trim :) Our whole house is oak, oak, oak and if it wasn't such a huge pain in the neck job, I would have painted it all white the second we moved in. Oh well!

baby
baby