Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 weeks





Has it already been 2 weeks since Caedmon was born? My mom has already been here for a week and left. We have had our first two days home alone. Things have been going well. I haven't had very high expectations or tried to accomplish much of anything, or go anywhere by myself. It's keeping things relaxed. Though I think Dane is bored out of his mind. The boy likes to go places and do things. He is adjusting. He really didn't want me around the first week and kept trying to hit me and occasionally bite me. He has always liked the baby, but sometimes he asks me to put him in his crib so I can play with him. I am finding a balance of splitting my between the two. Though taking care of a newborn seems so much easier this time around, but yet things are just as hard because I have two babies to take care of now. I am enjoying it, I feel so satisfied. I love how our family has expanded!

Caedmon has already rolled over. Last week he was on his tummy and rolled to his back and Sunday I finished changing his diaper and he rolled over to his stomach, and boy was he mad about that. It must be a crazy newborn reflex. He can't even hold his head up yet.

Here are a few of my favorite snapshots from the last 2 weeks.

My Boys



We have found Dane several different times laying on the floor like this trying to play. He is actually trying to lay the same way I am. The boy makes me laugh. Speaking of making me laugh, you know what made this boy laugh so hard he was almost in tears? Andy said "honky tonk badonka donk", just like the song. Dane thought it was the funniest thing his little ears have ever heard. He had us all laughing so hard we were almost in tears.

Dane has nicknamed him 'Bittle' Baby John. He has a hard time saying Caedmon or Caed so he settled with little baby John. He is getting better though at calling him by his given name.

2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Caedmon is so sweet! It does seem like these last two weeks have flown by!
Dane was so cute on Sunday--as I walked by, he yelled, "HI DONDA!" *Favorite boy award* :)

une autre mère said...

What a cute little 2-weeker! I love that picture of your boys lying next to each other and looking at each other. So sweet! And I think that's hilarious that Dane tries to copy you so much. He must think you're one cool mom!

baby
baby