Monday, September 13, 2010

Smitten




There is no doubt in my mind that Dane will be in love with his little brother. As soon as he saw my cousin's little girl he kept saying "oh tiny little baby". I only wish we would have caught that part on video. He was completely oblivious to the 10-15 adults standing around watching him. He could have held her forever. When I asked him if someone else could have a turn he just held on to her a little tighter.

The reason for this little sweetie's visit was a cousin get together. We used to love the family gatherings usually at Christmas and Summer where we would just play on Grandma's farm. Now a majority of us are all grown up and for some reason settled or temporarily settled in Iowa rather than Colorado or Kansas. And since so many of us live here and hardly ever see each other I had my event planner (Tessha) plan up an informal get together. I hardly had to do a thing, just provided the place and cleaned it up a bit, and she did a wonderful job putting it all together. I can't wait to be a part of her wedding this spring!

4 comments:

peter marie said...

That's so sweet that Dane loves little babies!! I'm still waiting for Henry to like his sibling...

You've got such a big family. Looks
like fun!

une autre mère said...

It'll be so fun to see Dane with his little brother! I'm sure they'll be best buds! And woah - when you said you had a cousin party, I pictured you and Tessha and Melissa and like a few others. I had no idea how much family you had in the area. Looks like fun!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I think Dane is really ready for the baby! So sweet!
My cousin party would be me and my drinkin' boy cousin that lives on the East side...thus why we don't have those parties! Can I borrow some of your family?!?

Liss said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE FAMILY GATHERINGS!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 With all the crazziness and insanity it brings =)

baby
baby