Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Staying warm

I have had the luxury of not having to go out in the cold weather much this last month. We were welcomed back to Iowa with a big snow storm, bad roads and 5 or so inches of snow. It snowed again this morning. I haven't even gotten the mail the last 2 days because the front porch isn't shoveled and I don't want to step out in the snow- lazy I know.

We got 4-6 inches of snow one night while we were in Colorado. The best part was it was all melted by evening and I didn't need more than a fleece jacket to run around and go shopping.

We did have to run to an appointment today. Here is Dane staying warm. I changed his outfit 3 times this morning. First because I realized too late he had outgrown the one I started with and it looked funny, then I found something else only to realize as soon as I gotten it on, it was soaked clear up the back. Leaky diaper I guess. So by the time I got this on him needless to say he was exhausted and slept the entire trip.
Sorry my life maybe boring to most right now, but I am enjoying every minute with my not tiny for long little boy. Hope no one minds all the baby pictures. It seems like I quit my job ages ago, but really if I was going back I would still be on maternity leave at least another week.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

it's such an adjustment. figuring out the outfits, and then changing them right away because of accidents. oh, and i also threw out a onesie covered in poop. except it was a nice pajama-style onesie that was so adorable. but the entire thing was poop-filled, and i just didn't have the energy. but i still wouldn't change anything.

peter marie said...

Ahh, I remember those days of constantly changing outfits. Eventually they stop doing that! I promise. :)

If anything, post more pictures of that baby!!

une autre mère said...

I agree with Peter Marie - there can never be too many pictures of your baby on here! Also, I don't think I ever threw out a onesie covered in poop, but I did throw away some big-girl undies in the Target bathroom when we were first going off the diaper - and no, I don't mean mine!

baby
baby