Thursday, May 8, 2008

Murphy's Law

What ever can be dropped will be dropped.
I can barely walk across the house. I almost wet my pants because it took so long for me to walk to the bathroom. So I went to the chiropractor this morning and I dropped my keys outside on the ground, about the worst thing to do when your low back is in spasms and can hardly stand up. I retrieved those, then while leaving the chiropractor's office I dropped the little card with my next appointment information on the ground outside, at least the wind wasn't blowing to much. I look like a little 95 year old lady in bad need of a walker. I thought drive-thru would be my best and least painful option for lunch, so I headed that way. The cashier leans out tells me the amount, and just as I am handing it to her she is trying to shove my food into my hand, drink and bag at the same time and then she drops my dollar outside. I thought about letting it blow away but it's a dollar, if it was a coin or something I probably would have left it. So I feebly get out of the car and inch my way to the end of the car to retrieve my dollar which takes me a few minutes to bend down and pick up. Then I am slowing sitting back down and trying to get me feet in and the lady is impatiently trying to get me to grab my food. Seriously, I know I look young but today I feel 95 , give me a few minutes. And really how often does your money get dropped in the drive-thru? Why did it have to be today?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw. I'm so sorry to have to welcome you to the Old Geezer Club. I was about 4 months along when I had to join, too. :-( And I totally understand how people don't understand why you are walking the way you are! OMG!! I would like to encourage you to not wait as long as I did to use the scooters in the store. Seriously! The first time I used one I felt like EVERY eye in the store was on me, but when I would hobble out of the seat and waddle to the dish detergent then lean on the shelf to turn around then waddle back to the scooter then have to lean on the basket to turn around to get my backside in the right place to sit down on the seat (finally) (3 minutes later!) they would stop staring. Oh, good times, my friend. Good times.
Do not be ashamed of your feeb-ility! God gave you a baby to grow, and you need ALL your energy for growing that baby up! :o)
(Do they make canes with the little grabber things on one end? Now THAT would be handy!)
:o)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I should just loan you Cloe for the next few months! She's a great picker-upper! At least your drops weren't messy--I dropped at 32 oz. raspberry ice tea all over the floor at Grandview when I was pregnant with Cloe! Sticky!!!

Elizabeth said...

yikes, that is NOT fun. I've had some pain in my lower back...but honestly...I'm just finally starting to feel great, rather than the other way around! (I didn't get over the morning sickness until about 17 weeks). Hang in there! (Isn't it great having a husband to pull you up off the chair?!!)

elisa beeson said...

time for an update i think - what's new with the latest preggo lady i know?!?!?!

baby
baby