Tonight for dinner we had Chinese at Hyvee (a midwest grocery store). It was very yummy, I love crab rangoon. I think it's kind of funny how some of the best pizza comes from Casey's gas station, and some of the best Chinese comes from the grocery store cafe. It's a unique Iowa or midwest thing I guess.
I am longing for summer, it's getting closer I can feel it. But most of all I am longing for a beach vacation. I may even regret saying this when it is 95 degrees and I am 7 months pregnant, but right now I am tired and need a break and that is what sounds so appealing to me. Shortly before I got pregnant we were seriously talking about going to Hawaii in April, we almost bought airline tickets, but I was starting to have some the trouble with the pregnancy and we thought it would be best to wait and get the Dr's ok for travel. She didn't exactly say to not travel, but she more or less implied she it might be best to wait until my next appointment when they do the follow up ultrasound. So we are waiting. In the meantime we have also tossed around the idea of going to California since it would be a much shorter flight. I would even settle for going back to Florida again this year, but we really like going new places. So watch out Kandid Kiwi and Galloping Cows. Really I have no idea where we might end up, but it would be nice to go on one more kid free vacation. We still hope we be able to go on vaca without kids but we will always have a responsibility for getting them taken care of from here on out. But this is what I think about when I am stuck in my little cubicle at work and this is what keeps me from putting my 2 weeks in, knowing that I am making some extra money that would help fund the trip.
So on a side note the main concern for travel when pregnant is blood clots, which is also a concern for anyone at anytime that is traveling. So the hypochondriac side of me researched blood clot symptoms so I would know if I got one. Well I already have ALL the symptoms in my right leg. But I have had all those symptoms for the last 6 years, so I probably would have died by now had it been a blood clot. But it kinda freaked me out for a day or so.
I must go Thursday is a good TV night with the Office and Lost.


3 comments:
Bring it on! We've got the sunshine and the sand just for you!
oh my god - lost was freaking amazing! i read an interview with JJ abrams and he said that last episodes this season are gonna be really really good! i freaking LOVE that show - and i can't wait for him to propose on the Office - so cute!
Have you looked in Gap? They have some pretty cute maternity pants (not for $8 though). I hate maternity clothes...I just don't think they make them for little people!
Post a Comment