Monday, October 24, 2011

Productive Pinterest Project Weekend


 I was able to cross a few projects off of my long Pinterest to do list. Starting with sewing new buttons on a Goodwill sweater, turning a Goodwill sweater into a pillow, and a birthday bunting/banner for Dane. Whatever you prefer to call it.  Though a bunting is lightweight cloth used for a flags or festive decorations, you be the judge.  I had a difficult time picking out the corresponding fabric for the bunting.  Dane really wants a baseball themed birthday party and he fell in love with the baseball fabric.  And when you have a boy that likes something at the fabric store you better go with it because that is a rare occurrence.  The problem with the baseball fabric is that most coordinating fabrics made it look very much Americana in style.  gag.  I think we found a happy medium and are pleased with the results.  Now I just need to find a few more cable knit sweaters with large buttons!




getting started
sneak peak of the birthday bunting




Before as a sweater
After as a pillow




4 comments:

Nic said...

You have such a talent for these things! After seeing all of your DIY project successes, I've decided that that is something I would like to work on in 2012 - becoming more crafty. So stay tuned - I may be emailing/texting you for some helpful hints :)

peter marie said...

Love that pillow!! Might need to borrow that idea. :)

Kelly said...

good job on the pillow! that's on my list, too, but i feel like i get a good bit of pinterest stuff done. :)

une autre mère said...

That pillow is so great! Looks cozy for winter. And I love the bunting too!

baby
baby