Thursday, October 6, 2011

Room re-do

Finally a room I really really LOVE!   I love the gray-blue color, I love being in there and I love all the fun little things I have been collecting for this room.  The chalk board cost me $.50  I bought a dry erase board with a wood frame at a garage sale for fifty cents and painted it with chalk board paint and some turquoise paint I had in the basement.  And it's magnetic, we found a pretty red leaf we added to it.
 I love the black birds I found at the dollar tree, they look so real, even scared the dog.  I went back for more and that batch doesn't look so great.







So I can't figure out the formatting, but the black squash set I found at a garage sale and they were green and gold ugly, a few squirts of black spray paint fixed them right up.  I had been looking for old game pieces at garage sales all summer.  I still want a couple of old scrabble games.  The sheepskin I also picked up for a few dollars at a garage sale.  The desk was from goodwill, the green chair from goodwill.  So basically everything new was either from Goodwill, a garage sale or the end caps at Target.  Now if only I can make the rest of my house look like this!





2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

LOVE! You have such a good eye for unique, fun pieces!!!

Hilary said...

i love how you gave so many things a new life!

baby
baby