Sunday, October 30, 2011

Finish Line

It's been a busy day, actually a busy weekend.  But today we ran a 5k, went to church, had a birthday party for Dane and went trick or treating.  Since it was such a busy day we forgot to even take a quick picture of us at the race, so here is the aftermath, it will have to do.

Yup I ran my first official 5k today.  I ran in a 5k fun run once and almost puked, but this is the first one I had to wear a number and pay. I ran the entire way, no walking breaks!  Not saying that I didn't want to.  As far as the couch to 5k training program is going, I still technically have a week left of the 9 week program.
I ran with Andy so that was really fun and no stroller!  My goal was to not walk at all; to actually run the whole thing.  We finished in just under 30 minutes, I am informed that that isn't too bad, though all I wanted to do was finish.  I did want to puke at the end, but I didn't.

Here are my running buddies nestled in their wonky wheeled double stroller earlier this week.




2 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job! Hopefully next spring I can join you.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You seriously amaze me! I had no idea on Sunday that you'd taken a run already! You've got some gooood energy! :)

baby
baby