We waited a few weekends after Cade's actual birthday (Sep 28th) to have his party since I knew my mom, brother and sister would be in town One of the rare opportunities for them to participate in one of the boys' birthdays. I whipped up this cute bunting for a party decoration. I felt quite a sense of accomplishment, because I don't usually just whip something up on the sewing machine. It was way easier than I thought it would be. At first I was just going to leave the edges raw and hot glue them to the ribbon. After looking at several tutorials online I just went for it. I can't really link up to any one in particular, because I really didn't follow them I didn't even measure anything. I drew a triangle on an old cereal box until it was symmetrical. Cut it out and used it as a template. I had a quarter yard of each fabric, cut it out in a double layer, sewed them together and then sewed them to the ribbon. I was pleased with the results.
We invited about 30 family members, most showed up! At least I turned it into more of a potluck. It was more that I had originally intended but it was fun to see everyone. I got the cake idea from here. just box mix, store bought frosting and candy. Not the cutest cake ever but it works. The cupcakes how ever had my new favorite frosting. Tasted like light fluffy marshmallow creme. Delicious.
| As I was working on party preparations I found this horse nibbling on the Necco wafers. |
| The puppy cake, it seems he has 6 paws. Maybe a birth defect? |
| They cupcakes with yummy homemade frosting! |
Fluffy Boiled Icing
3T meringue powder
1/2 c. cold water
2c. sugar
1/4 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. water
Beat meringue in water till stiff. About 4 min
Mix sugar, syrup and water in 2 qt saucepan. Bring to boil and cool slightly. Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture while beating on low. Beat on Hi 4 min till stiff and glossy. Makes 6 cups.
| Birthday Boy |
| Attempting to blow out the candle |
| loving the sugar rush! |


2 comments:
Great job on that bunting and the cake! Too cute! Looks like a super great party! I'm sure Cade appreciated all the work you put into it. :)
Jenn...what an AWESOME party! So exciting to read about. Wow...quite the reputation you need to live up to for Dane's party :0) ~Aub
Post a Comment