Monday, June 15, 2009

What are you supposed to do.

What are you supposed to do when the dish guy or any service guy comes to your house. Do you awkwardly follow the greasy guy around making sure they aren't casing your house? Once you show them to all the TV's do you stand or sit behind them and wait making them nervous as they work or do you leave them be and figure they will come find you when they have a question. I could follow him around and witness to him "Sir, how is your relationship with Jesus Christ?" "Do you know where you are going when you die?" Sometimes I feel bad for hovering near by but I don't really want to leave him alone upstairs so I fake straightening up, try to make a little conversation but I don't really want to interrupt him while he is working because I really do want the TV fixed correctly. Then I will run a quick errand to another room of the house and then come back and check up on him and try to ask questions about what he is fixing and how it will help etc. What's really bad is when they are waiting for the dish to do all it's checks and booting up and it takes like 10 minutes of waiting in awkward weird silence. Maybe it would be better to show him the TV and go to another room. But then I would wonder what he is actually doing up there. I better go shower and get dressed before the dish guy gets here for the 4th time in a week. And I will leave you with a picture of Dane since every good post needs a picture right?
This is what he does when the dish guy has his back to him. (jk)

4 comments:

Liss said...

haha....mom usually follows them around.....and if she can't she makes one of us spy on him which I HATE doing.....but anyway this pic of Dane makes me laugh!

une autre mère said...

Nice, Dane. Did your mommy teach you that?

I have the same problem with service people! When we lived in apartments, it seemed like the maintenance guy was always over, so I just started letting him be. But now in a house, I'm not as comfortable with leaving them alone in another room. But that's what I usually end up doing because I really don't want to waste my time watching them either.

Amy said...

I feel the same way -- I don't like leaving them alone and always feel nervous, but hate all the awkward silence and making conversation that goes on while they are there!

peter marie said...

Funny!! That Dane is such a clever fella.

Hope your tv problems get fixed!

baby
baby