Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Baby Legs and other stuff
I was recently challenged by a friend to make a pair of babylegs . She found this amazing 10 minute tutorial on how to make baby legs from adult sized knee socks. So I rummaged through my drawer and found a pair of knee socks that I have hardly worn because I bought the wrong size, went downstairs and whipped up a pair of these adorable baby legs. The first time took longer than 10 minutes just like the first time through anything takes longer, but I am sure these can be easily made in no time flat. I can't wait to try again and maybe make some for Dane, like maybe and army print or a cute blue stripe. What do ya think? I forgot to take a before picture to prove these really were socks but the first picture I tried to piece together the cut pieces to show the shape of the sock.

Below is a picture of another one of my projects I made a few months ago. I made this nursing cover by copying and improving upon one of my shower gifts. I also took ideas from my sister in laws Modest Mommy cover. I have only made 2 of these but was very happy how they turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am so pumped about these baby legs!! I just got back from Target and got some cute pairs for Harper and Dane....YEAH!
Those ones you made are super cute too. Thanks for doing this!!
Yeah, I made some for Mookie a few months ago, but never blogged about it. I like them a LOT, but my problem is her legs are SO skinny that they just fall off her! :o) Even still! And the way I modified my pattern, they're more like bell-bottoms...hee hee...but they were awesome in Michigan at Christmas, in Colorado in February, and now when it's too hot for pants, but I don't want her crawling on bare legs, so I put her in a onesie and babylegs. They're also good at night when it's too hot for pjs, but not hot enough for just a onesie. I know this is a project you'll be super pleased about each time you make some more. Good job!
Very Cute Jenn, I love the fabric!!
Post a Comment