It's been awhile, I am staying busy with mundane things yet I am finding myself little bored, therefore not much to write about. With the heat wave this week we have been keeping low and staying cool inside. Our biggest change is that Dane is really on the move now. He hasn't mastered the art of crawling but has perfected the army crawl on his belly, and he has become quite proficient at it. Who knows maybe he won't crawl? He is no longer interested in toys but rather cords, outlets, knobs, shoes and things not normally played with. You should see how fast he can go when there is a cell phone on the floor! We have a low drawer on one of our end tables that he loves to open and close. It has become our first point of discipline as he slams his fingers shut in it routinely and there is nothing to really childproof it except to be taught to stay away. Surprisingly my mainly verbal method has worked so far. Smart little fella, though I know it won't always be this easy.
Here are a few pictures for the family.


2 comments:
Lily has got the army crawl down pat too -- it amazes me how fast she can get to an object once she sets her eyes on it! And the things she moves for are always the things she's not supposed to touch like outlets, cords, etc. :) I wish we lived a little closer, it would be fun to get the two together and watch them "play" :) That picture of Dane and the jack-in-the-box cracks me up!
THANKS JENN!!!!!!!!!!! you must have gotten my facebook message lol =D gotta love Dane! I think you need to get him on tape saying 'hi dad'
Post a Comment