Here is another souper easy recipe. I made this last night for a couple of friends who came over to hang out. As I was typing it out I realized that I don't really follow the recipe, real close, at least not the cooking directions, but it is the same end result. I don't know if I have ever used Polish sausage in it either. Mainly because I didn't bother to look real hard and find it. Last time I used Kielbasa, which was really good.
New England Baked Bean Stew
prep: 10 min
cook: 20 min
1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1/2 pound fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 can (15-16oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15-16oz) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes with olive oil, garlic and spices, undrained
1 can chicken broth or improvise as desired
1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
4 medium green onions sliced (1/4 cup)
1. Spray 12 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in skillet 3-5 min, stirring occasionally,until brown.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients except onions. Cook uncovered over medium-low heat 8-10 min, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Stir in Onions. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are crisp-tender.
Yield: 4 servings


1 comment:
Can't wait to make this! :)
Post a Comment