My husband planned a semi surprise lunch date for us at the Des Moines Embassy Club at the top of the Principal building. It was fun to get dressed up and pretend to be corporate again. Our table was in a corner where two floor to ceiling windows met. So we had a great view of the city and the lunch buffet was delicious. What a fun date! I forgot my camera, but maybe it wasn't the place to whip it out with the VP of Principal and other executives dining there.
My birthday present is requiring a trip to Ikea! Exciting!
Later in the evening I had a small last minute cousin birthday party and Tessha invited herself and a few other cousins over and made me a birthday cake and some chocolate covered strawberries and even froze a homemade pie crust for me. I also got several fun small gifts from people throughout the day which was so thoughtful of everyone. I was disappointed to realize today that I forgot to use my free drink from Caribou, that is good only on the day of your birthday. Oh well I still had a fun day.


2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!!! So sorry I missed it. Will you still let me be your friend? I guess I haven't been on facebook lately otherwise I would've known! Sounds like you had an amazing lunch date and a great cousin party! Glad you had a good one!
first glance at Tessha's picture, you guys really do look a lot alike! -Rach
Post a Comment