Here is another delicious easy recipe for a meat dish. Right now and until I am done nursing, I have to stay away from dairy since Dane is lactose intolerant. Tried and true, if I do eat dairy he becomes very fussy and the diaper rash reappears. The other challenge is tomatoes do not always agree with me. So it seems in many dishes it is either dairy or tomato, (cream of ____ that is dairy too :o(. This poses as a huge challenge when you are eating more than a high school boy. The easiest thing I have found is making a meat dish and then finding a side dish to go with it. Good ol' midwestern meat and potata's.
Tasty Roast
1 (3lb) chuck roast - or any roast would be fine
2 pkg. Italian dry salad dressing seasoning
1 pkg au jus
2 c. water
Cook all ingredients in crock-pot for 8-9 hours on low. Serve on hoagie buns or as a regular meal.
I usually make a gravy out of the juice when it is done.


No comments:
Post a Comment