I am going to try to run a 5k at the end of October. Today was pretty easy. Just the right amount of jogging/walking and my route was the perfect length. I even bought this nifty couch to 5k app for my ipod that tells me when to walk and when to jog. So no calculating on my part.
I purchased a double jogger last week, so now I have no excuses. Actually I better get some use out of it since it brought our stroller tally to a grand total of six. Yes I know that is a ridiculous amount of strollerage for only 2 children. I am hoping to sell at least one possibly 2 strollers. Anyone want to buy a singe jogging stroller? Funny rabbit trail. This weekend Andy and I were backing out of the garage to head to the mall shaking our heads and laughing in disbelief at the amount of strollers sitting in there. We get to the mall only to realize the only stroller we brought along was the rinky dink $2 umbrella stroller that we have to bend over to push since we are taller than average. The joke's on us I guess.
So back to the 5k business, I think my biggest challenge will be trying to run once the weather gets chilly. Hopefully I will have a good routine down before that happens. I have never been one to be able to talk while I am running, but I think my inquisitive parrot that NEVER stops talking will try to change that. He will talk and repeat and repeat and repeat the entire walk, I thought going on a walk was supposed to mellow a kid out and help him to chill a little. Of course he road his little bike over a mile this weekend and talked and whooped and hollered the entire time, until he pooped out, then Cade screamed for the second mile until he fell asleep as we approached the car, so no peace and quite on our walks.


No comments:
Post a Comment