Sunday, August 21, 2011

perfect weather

The last week has been great, great weather and all sorts of loveliness. I just want to soak up every last bit of summer that is left. We went to the Iowa State Fair on Monday. It just seems like the thing to do, though Andy and I really don't enjoy it as much as the average Iowan. The weather has been great for it this year, usually it is unbearably hot on top of walking around in dust and amongst stinky animals. Which I don't mind the farm thing, but for some reason it seems extra yucky at the fair. I think I figured it out though, I don't really start enjoying myself until the sun goes down meaning it cools off and the sweltering burning sun isn't beating down on me. I just really don't like being hot (or cold for that matter) then add walking around in crowds in the beating down hot sun, equals swimming sounds more fun. So check that off the list. State Fair-done.




We have been going on morning walks this week. Love it I finally feel and exercise groove coming on. Like maybe I am finally healed up from having a baby. It only took almost a year. We made a couple more visits to the splash park though it was almost chilly.

We have been enjoying the front porch and our new chairs. It's fun to sit out there and watch the neighborhood.


And today we went exploring the lake near our house. We checked out the covered bridge, and walked down some of the hiking trails near the lake. Definitly not a Colorado hike but it was still a ton of fun.




2 comments:

une autre mère said...

Love all your pics! I can't believe how big Cade is getting! I wish we had more room on our front "porch" to sit out there. I keep telling Chad that someday when we have money (ha!) he's going to build me one. :) Glad you're enjoying yours! And enjoying the beautiful weather!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Love your cute pictures! All your little outings looks so fun! I'm envious of your front porch too! Such a relaxing and fun space!

baby
baby