Monday, July 4, 2011

I love summer

Even more than that, I love the 4th of July, Independence day and summer celebrations and BBQ's. This weekend has been completely unplanned. We started Saturday after Andy got off work and headed out to Lake Red Rock for some boating and swimming- well the guys swam, my sister's and I have this thing about water so we put our feet in. Next time I will, next time :o) Sunday, we had a great church service, came home had a surprise visit from my sweet cousin and then headed back to church for a picnic and games.
We came home so Andy can finish his homework, did I mention he started working on his Master's? P'jammed up the boys and headed out to catch some fireworks. Cade fell asleep like we had hoped and Dane stayed up for the action.

We love having 4wheel drive, we just pulled ourselves up there on that curb in the little patch of grass and made ourselves a spot to watch.



We were next to a sweet family who shared their bubbles and flag with us and kept Dane entertained.


Today we got up early to kick off our 4th celebration and went to the Carlisle parade. Dane was quite the little candy grabber, the boy will do anything for candy. We came home to get naps since the boys are exhausted, but that has been epic fail. They put up quite the fight. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings. I am just glad to have some family time!


2 comments:

peter marie said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great summer! Can't wait to see Cade crawl. It's so cute when they're first figuring it out.

tjkm said...

I'm glad that I was sited as the sweet cousin by my sweet cousin =)

baby
baby