Tuesday, November 9, 2010

1 month (ok 6 weeks)

I got a late start on the growth pictures, but I think that happened with Dane also. Six weeks old today. Can you believe it? He has settled in quite nicely. I already can't imagine life without him. He is a sweetie pie, he had a fussy couple of weeks but I think we are figuring each other out.
Like now that I understand when you are really upset, and are fed and dry it means you just wants to be laid down and left alone. Ok now that we have an understanding, things are better. I also have realized you really don't like your sleep to be disturbed. So having big brother come up and scream "eyes open" in your face is really not helpful and usually ends badly.
It's probably about time to move you into your own room but you always wake up around 3am and have a hard time going back to sleep after you eat. Usually because you have all sorts of mucus choking you up, and being so little you don't understand how to sleep with your mouth open. I lay awake in my own bed trying to help you you breath and clear your throat.
I love all of your smiles and coos and I respect your need for space, though I could hold you all day long. You are growing so fast. I want you to stay small forever, but I am looking forward to seeing you interact with your big brother. I think he will be thrilled once you start playing with him.

3 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow, 6 weeks already?? I feel like Sophia is getting big so much faster than Lily did -- but in reality I think it's just because I'm busier so I don't notice the little changes as much!

une autre mère said...

I love his expression in that picture. He is such a cutie pie! And I'm glad that you're figuring him out now. Addie liked to be left alone too and it took me forever to figure that out! I hope his nighttime wakings start to get better too!

Julie said...

Such a sweet little guy! I love how you use the same stuffed animal from Dane, so CUTE:)

baby
baby