Monday, November 8, 2010

Goodbye first car

and goodbye matching set. I thought it was fun that we had a set of black cars, but now we are mismatched again. Technically it wasn't even my car, my name wasn't on the title, though I was the main driver. So that means I have never even owned a car :o( Andy bought it brand new a few months before we were married. We logged all of the 128,000 miles on that Impala. Andy driving most of them because I am a happy passenger. We drove away from our wedding in that car. It moved us to Albuquerque, we moved it to Iowa - notice our stuff didn't fit in the car once we moved to Iowa. It drove both of our babies home from the hospital. We have drove all over the US in that baby. 128,000 miles of driving. many many trips to Colorado. Many fun vacations. I even rode in the trunk once. with a friend. good times. i think it was my idea. i know i am weird. there was room for one more too.Hello 4runner. Beautiful and silver, not black and probably won't need washed as often. (Does that mean our vehicles are now unequally yolked?) Last weekend Andy took off early early Saturday morning and drove to Georgia to pick it up and got home Sunday morning. That was a lot of driving I think about 27 hours worth. But it is worth it. We like it. I took her out yesterday. Dane thinks it's great. He even made sure to show me which door Caed should enter through and where he should sit.
P.S. I was going to post a picture of Andy and I from the party we went to on Friday night. We went as 80's rockers. Andy was complete with a mesh sleevless shirt, black tights, and combat boots. But I think that picture is best laid to rest, well I will keep it on the hard drive, you never know I might need to pull it out someday.

No comments:

baby
baby