Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Birthday Boy

It's official, he's two! Dane's birthday would not be complete without a picture of him in his birthday costume. No not his birthday suit but his birthday costume. Given his birthday is 10-31 I think it is only fitting he dress up every year. Though Des Moines does trick or treating (beggars night) on the 30th. Which is an entire rant all on it's own. It's just weird.
Anyway we celebrated Dane's birthday on Sunday, complete with a monkey theme. We had a very busy weekend being out of town so I was a little stressed out about making a cake. I was exhausted Saturday night but had to bake the cake anyway. It turned out gross looking especially the cupcakes. It has been forever since I made cake and it was only a box mix, and I had never tried one in my 'new' oven. I think they were over baked. I was going to toss them and start over but I was too tired so I decided to make it work. The cake turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I just copied the idea from this website. They have many great ideas that seem pretty simple to pull off. All you need is a box mix, a can of frosting and candy. And yes I can make cake and frosting from scratch, but this was way easier given the time crunch.



We attended a pumpkin carving party last week. We decided to double up and use our carvings as decoration. We weren't trying to win any prizes, but we still won a sympathy prize for the most kid friendly pumpkins :o) We even won a prize that we wrapped up and used as a birthday present. I think it ended up being one of his favorite presents!
Here he is with all of his loot. It was hard getting him to sit still for a picture after all of the excitement of the evening. He kept going from toy to toy playing with each one for about 30 seconds while rotating in his all time forever favorite- a cheap ball from Walmart that we have had forever.

1 comment:

une autre mère said...

That cake is awesome! Really. It brought a huge smile to my face. Great job! And your little monkey is just as cute as ever! Still can't believe he's 2!

baby
baby