Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Getaway

We had a fun trip just Andy and me to Chicago this past weekend. It was a good time away. A little unusual for us we tried every type of transportation. We took the Metro, the bus, walked, a horse carriage, drove, and walked. Maybe a few months ago I could have walked more but not this time. I have to say, that cabby tried to run up our bill. Fortunately we knew exactly where we needed to go I was just too tired to make it that far. It was straight down many blocks and over 2 blocks. When we got to the over part the cab driver floored and we flew past the address we wanted to stop at and it wasn't another 2 blocks before we realized he wasn't stopping and said something. So he said sorry backed up a block and dropped us off.
I love how the clouds opened up so we could see to the top of the tower.
We managed to sit out in the skybox at the top of Willis Tower, rather breath taking. I think the Willis/Sears tower was our favorite part. We also did lots of shopping(des moines needs an H&M) and walking and sitting and visiting bathrooms. We even found some time for a carriage ride.

There were signs that said not to ride the Ferris wheel when pregnant. I was severely disappointed, because what is so dangerous about a Ferris wheel? Then I asked to be sure I really couldn't ride and it was no problem they let me ride and there were several other pregnant people in line. I was glad because I really needed to do something fun that required sitting down.

It was a great weekend with just my honey and me, and I am feeling a little too tired to make it sound any more interesting.
The rest I will just save for good memories.

3 comments:

peter marie said...

Fun!! That picture of you guys sitting on that glass freaks me out though.
You are looking adorable with that cute baby belly of yours!

H&M...it would be way too fun to have one in Des Moines! I was the first one in on Sat morning. I was so proud! :)

une autre mère said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Glad you guys were able to get away! I love that picture of you guys in that skybox. So cool!! And of course, your prego belly is just darling! :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Love the pictures--especially the carriage ride!!! So glad you guys got to enjoy a fun weekend away together!

baby
baby