Tuesday, August 4, 2009
so big
This idea was recently brought to my attention. At what point in life is it rude to say "you are getting so big." People love to say that to babies. They ask how old then they usually follow up with the comment to your child "you are so big", or "look how big you are" or better yet "check out those chunky thighs". Would you say this to a 40 year old woman? "You are getting so big!" Throughout childhood people usually comment on how big you are getting. When does that stop? Jr. high? High School? Maybe old people would still say that to a highschooler that is rounding out into her womanly form. You are getting so big! This really made me laugh. But then got me thinking. I am usually not too sensitive to comments, they don't usually haunt my thoughts. But reflecting on 'so big' comments about Dane, I find myself trying to tell people that he really isn't all that big and is actually only average in weight. Right in the 50 th percentile. He did start off big, I will give them that. And I know no matter what size he is I will always love him. And growing kids are healthy kids, it's what they are supposed to do. I just thought it was a funny idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment