Thursday, August 13, 2009

Looooong week

Crabby crabby baby. He has had a personality change and his sin nature is roaring it's ugly head. He has a cold and we were gone for 2 weeks, got home last Saturday. It is Thursday. How long will it take to recover from our trip? I just want my sweet happy baby back. I feel pretty good aside from getting up anywhere from 1-2 hours in the middle of the night. I would love to hold him only he would rather thrash about. He needs more sleep- I think and a schedule again. I am trying with new resolve to work with him on all of this.
I started today working on some high chair manners if you will. Not going over real well, though lunch was better than breakfast. Then he busts out this cute new move completely unprompted. He hears our dog barking outside. I swear he said 'doggie' and started mimicking his bark. So cute I tell you. And then he continued to mimic the arf arf arf until the mailman had left and Magnum settled back down. We have been reading this book "Doggies" by Sandra Boynton and he loves it. His favorite bark is the yap, yap. I personally like the Arroof, Arroof, Arroof. But 'yap, yap' gets him everytime. One of my bloggy friends posted the cutest video of her little girl doing the nine dogs on a moonlit night. Oh it was so cute. As soon as I heard him practicing his barking skills I grabbed the camera and taped him. There is a little propting for the sake of the video, but believe me he started it up on his own.

6 comments:

peter marie said...

I think this boy is a genius.

peter marie said...

A cute genius.

Kelly said...

that was so cute, and it was good to hear your voice! it's been a long time!!

une autre mère said...

Adorable. Keep the videos coming!

Melissa said...

Haha! Baby barks are THE CUTEST THING! :o) We still only "woof" and "howl", but nothing makes my heart happier.
I bet once you guys get back onto a schedule, and he starts getting more sleep, your sweet little man will return. It's hard coming home and getting back into it -- even after just a few days -- but stick with it, don't give in, and you'll both be sleeping better really soon. :o)
Hope you have a restful weekend!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I agree--a cute genius! We love Dane videos!

baby
baby