Monday, July 20, 2009
Quick Trip
Not the gas station. We made a quick trip to Minneapolis this weekend and met up with Andy's brother and his family for a mini vacation. We went to Minnehaha Park and falls -the water(less) falls. It sounded pretty on the internet but when we got there they were working on something so they had the creek dammed so there were no falls. We did end up renting a surrey and cruising around the park. It was a good time, though it was challenging holding onto the babies and going up the hills were needless to say a little strenuous. I guess we could have road around on segways instead. You know, the transportation of the future(hehe). That was an option.
We then stopped by the well known MOA, for some walking around. Andy and I even managed a ride on one of the indoor roller coasters. We then walked over to Ikea had some swedish meatballs and did some quick shopping, though by this point we were all pretty worn out from the surrey ride and mall. The next day we went to the Stone Arch Bridge and surrounding areas and walked around on the trails. It was good to visit and catch up on each other's lives. We then headed over to the sculpture garden, near the Walker Art Center. 
Andy and I stayed a little longer hoping to leave at bedtime, so a little someone would sleep the whole way home. Boy did that ever backfire. Apparently he needs his bed for bedtime. Naps are fine in the carseat, but boy oh boy bedtime rolls around and sleep evades him. While we were waiting around we went and walked by the Mansions along Summit Avenue. It would have been so fun to tour some of those. By the way did you notice how we were dressed for the middle of July? Seriously the middle of July and we were freezing, it felt like fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
It was cold here too this weekend -- it felt like fall, what is up with that?
We had a similar experience with Lily and her carseat around bedtime. Only our problem was that she fell deeply asleep in her carseat and when we got to our destination she woke up and WOULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP. We were up in the hotel with her until 12:30 that night. Timing is so key when traveling with babies!
looks like you guys had fun! =D
Fun!! You guys hit some awesome spots. I looovvveee the stone arch bridge. Gorgeous!
Sorry it was a bad trip back. That is so frustrating! Harper's a horrible traveler. I hear a lot how people will drive their kids around so they fall asleep. She's the complete opposite and won't sleep or just for 20 minutes if she does. So annoying.
Thanks for posting that banana bread recipe. I have some bananas ready to go and that one looks way good and healthy. I promised RJ I would cook healthy while he's training, so we'll have to swap a lot of recipes. :)
Mini vacays are the best! Looks like you all had a great time!
I'm so sad that you didn't get to enjoy Minihaha! When I was in high school, it was one of our favorite places to go in the summertime. About a 1/4 down river from the falls, there is this still area that is great for wading. Although it doesn't look like you would have been able to go wading in that cooler weather!
whoops, realized I spelled Minnehaha wrong!
Post a Comment