
We went to the farmers market on Thursday with the purpose of buying some rhubarb. I have been thinking for awhile that it would be great to have some planted in our yard, but I have yet to do this. I did learn quite a bit about rhubarb though on our little trek. We actually went all the way through the market and found no rhubarb until the very last booth. I asked the lady if rhubarb was out of season, and she informed me that in Iowa no one picks it past the 4th of July. Interesting. I just barely made it. And the best time to plant it is in the early spring. So next year I guess, maybe I can find someone who will share part of their plant. This is one of Andy's favorite desserts I am whipping up for our 4 of July celebration.
Here it is:
Rhubarb Dessert
3oz strawberry jello
1 c sugar
1 white cake mix (dry)
1 c water
1 stick of butter (melted)
Put 4 c. rhubarb in 9x13 pan. Mix sugar and jello and sprinkle over rhubarb.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over top.
Drizzle melted butter over cake mix and pour 1 cup water over all.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Tastes great with ice cream!!

2 comments:
ummm.....this makes me want some!!=D
We've got plenty!! Let me know if you would like some... it'd be a good excuse to get together soon!!
Post a Comment