He gets home from work and goes to check it out he went around a corner and then turned his head and there it was hanging from a shelf like 2 feet from his face. Freaked him out a little but for sure and for certain it was a bat. He gets himself all pumped up and prepared to get it and heard it fluttering around and waited. He spent the rest of the night walking around trying to find it searching our basement high and low. Turning off all the lights hoping it would come out of hiding then turning on the lights hoping to surprise it. Nothing. I guess that means there is still a bat in the house? Or did it leave on his own?
Today all the lights are on in the basement running up our electricity bill just hoping to keep the bat in hiding so it won't jump out and scare the pee out of me. Every time I go downstairs I am armed with a tennis racket and proceed with caution checking every nook and cranny I can think of. It is getting annoying because our washer and dryer are down there and we have laundry backing up but I am a little nervous to put down the racket and turn my back for fear the bat will surprise me again. That is the worst part, the anticipation of something jumping out and fluttering and swooping in my face and hair. 
*I forgot to mention, I read online that after you catch the bat, like pick it up with a towel or cloth that you are supposed to talk soothingly to it as you let it go outside. I will leave it to your imagination as to what may happen if mr. bat ever gets found :o) I will talk soothingly to it of course.


3 comments:
2 things:
1. You are a lot more courageous than I ever would be! I am so frightened by birds, esp bats! Remember that bird that was flying around in the skywalk that one day?!?
2. Cutest little batman ever! :)
Nic- I thought of you this morning and how if I was still working I would come into work and we would shudder together at the thought of a bat swooping our heads. And I wouldn't be hanging out in the same building as mr. bat, and then I would go to the mall until Andy got off work and he could face the bat first :o)
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS. OH and by the way that is the cutest costume ever! fits quite well for this occasion!
Post a Comment