Wednesday, July 1, 2009

8 months

Yup another month has past and Dane is 8 months old! I wish time would slow and this baby phase would last forever, but it is equally exciting watching him learn new things. He can now sit up on his own, has taken a few crawling steps but finds it much faster to just flop to his belly and army crawl across the floor. We have even found him standing in his bed the last couple of days. And boy is he proud of himself! I don't really know sign language but I looked up the sign for 'more' last week and tried teaching it to him. Just a couple of days ago he signed it back to me! He still loves to tease and he definitely gets that from his dad. Still no teeth but we are working our way through all the new foods and flavors. Each time we try a new one he is pretty skeptical and makes a grimace face but a few bites in he is usually enjoying himself. The other day at Walmart I had picked up some more baby food. Dane was pretty zoned out and sleepy, but as we were checking out he noticed the jars floating by on the conveyor belt and got pretty excited. He was reaching for them and saying 'nah nah nah'. (maybe for num num?)




3 comments:

peter marie said...

So cute! There's really no need for him to crawl on all fours when he can pull himself on your wood floors. :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I think he needs to be entered into the Pottery Barn Kids contest--they'll put his little face in the catalog. Seriously, he's so adorable!

Liss said...

8 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! Seems like just last week we came out to help you! ok well it kinda was and it wasn't really to help you but yea you get the point lol! Love ya

baby
baby