Friday, April 24, 2009

Peachy Chicken

We tried out this recipe last night and we really liked it. I really like fruity chicken I think raspberry chicken is pretty good too. So here it is from the Taste of Home magazine:

Peachy Chicken
prep/total time: 25 min
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 can (15 1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 envelope onion soup mix
Hot cooked rice, optional

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil and butter; remove and keep warm.
Add peaches with juice, brown sugar, orange juice and soup mix to skillet; stir until combined. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
Reduce heat; return chicken to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
Yield 4 servings

4 comments:

une autre mère said...

Sounds yummy and pretty easy. We'll be trying this one soon! Thanks for the recipe!

une autre mère said...

Sounds yummy and pretty easy. We'll be trying this one soon! Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Looks good Jen... was this your picture or Taste of Home's? I'll have to try that one soon!!
Karen

Jenn said...

Not my picture, well sorta I took a picture of the magazine. I definitly cheated, though I wish my dinner always looked that nicely arranged.

baby
baby