Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Getting ready for baby

Last week Mom and my little brother came for a visit. Mom and I had all sorts of fun things to do and I enjoyed spending the time with her. I know we were very boring for a 13 year old boy, but I enjoyed having him around too! I had to work the first day they was here but that gave them time to go and visit all the extended family we have in the area. Then I had myself a 4 day weekend and I enjoyed every minute. Mom helped me paint the baby’s room a beautiful French cream color. I still have to paint the trim and some other details but the room is painted! Now we need to find some baby furniture. I will post pictures once it is finished. Hopefully that is before the baby is born :o) I seem to be procrastinating.
We also went to many garage sales and the farmer’s market on Saturday, -every Jr. high boy’s dream :o) I don't think he was bored the entire time, probably only half the time. I am pretty sure when I was in jr high I would have been bored out of my mind too. I do miss having them around and wish we lived closer. I do get to go for a visit in a few more weeks! Sorry no pictures I need to dig out my camera again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

the fact that your brother is 13 now is scary! i know i've never met him, but you used to talk about him all the time, and he wasn't even 10 yet!

Jenn said...

tell me about it, he was a sweet little 5 year old when I left for college. Now he wants to blow things up with fireworks. I still love him though. It makes me feel old!

baby
baby