Do things ever really go as planned? There are usually a few hiccups along the way.
Have you ever gotten that question before? I have had a few people ask or even say they thought that we just never wanted kids, which makes me sad. Do I seem like someone who would be a bad mom or not like kids? I can’t say I am real fond of large groups of kids that I am in charge of, that takes a special talent, but I love kids, a few at a time, and think they are adorable, I most especially like babies.
But really how do you answer that question, “Was it planned?” I guess that would depend on your definition of ‘planned’. So, my answer would be, no, it wasn’t planned. If I got pregnant according to my plan we would already have a 2 year old. Yes we have always wanted children but, no, it wasn’t according to my plan, therefore, in my opinion it was not planned. I always thought it would be fun to be one of those people that unexpectedly gets pregnant (inside of marriage of course) and it throws them for a loop, but also be overjoyed at the change of events, a fun surprise. In a way, God gave me what I wanted, just not the way I was expecting, a surprise pregnancy, just when I think I would never be blessed with carrying a child, boom, God gives me my joyful surprise!
I am very excited but it still seems surreal at times! The clock is ticking though and we are getting closer and closer to B-day.
70 days. 10 Saturdays. minus 2 Saturdays due to trips. to get things done.
That’s all if everything goes as planned…..
Quote: “Asking someone if they like kids is like asking someone if they like adults, it depends on the adult.”
P.S. Belly pictures coming soon.


4 comments:
Let me assure you, the stunning questions do not end after you give birth. (sigh)
Because Dave and I were married for 8 years before getting pregnant, and because I'm 36...everyone "gave up on us." Nice, huh?
Your thought-process brought me to a good answer for the "was it planned" answer..."Of course! It was in God's plan all along."
Enjoy the last 70 days (and nights!) :o)
Oh, Jenn! You and Andy are going to make *great* parents and whoever asks silly questions to somehow show questioning of that just doesn't know. Though I can't say that I know you all that well, I do know that you and Andy are a strong, loving couple that will make such an amazing home for that little baby who is growing in your belly! You stated it so well: it was God's plan. And what Melissa said made me smile - that the stunning questions don't end. So true...
Ahhh...I'm already feeling super emotional these days...who do I need to take out from our YM group?
We have always thought you & Andy were awesome with kids--didn't we try to give you one of the boys?
Whenever I get a weird comment or question (like what fertility drug we used...none), it always makes me wrack my brain if I've said anything offensive (or stupid)...there really should be a manual on inappropriate questions concerning babies!
You both will make awesome parents! With Cloe going to the big K tomorrow, I'm a little jealous that you guys get to be at the "just starting out" stage! It WILL go SO fast...I know you'll get tired of hearing that.
Seriously, I'm SO looking forward to your baby's grand appearance! You are an awesome example of trusting God for His timing and plan for your life--I know others are testifying of it! :)
people are nosy. that's all i can say. and like melissa said, it doesn't end!
Post a Comment