One fun thing about being pregnant is you almost always have something to talk about, even with perfect strangers. I don't mind talking to people, but half the time I can't think of anything to say to break the ice, so I don't. For someone quiet like me for instance, going to a work party with Andy and all of his co-workers can be uncomfortable or boring, since I don't know anyone, and I usually don't have clubbing and drinking in common either. But having an obvious protruding belly makes for easy conversation. Most people with or with out kids usually ask questions, and anyone with kids has obviously been there so they usually have plenty to talk about. So far I haven't really gotten any comments that bother me, maybe it just doesn't bother me or maybe I haven't run into any crazies yet. Well one lady at the party kept talking and talking about birth and stuff but I think it was just her personality and it would have been the same no matter the topic of conversation.
Needless to say our time at the horse races and with Andy's co-workers ended up being fun and quite a few people came up and chatted with me, about baby stuff of course, but at least I didn't have to sit around hoping time would pass quickly. Maybe he just has awesome co-workers.


1 comment:
haha wow that is kinda what pastor dutton has been talking bout lol but in the conversation he wants you to some how witness too lol did you get to do that at all?? haha any ways I'm tired so I'll ttyl and see ya soon I hope!
Post a Comment