Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Black hornets are mean

Saturday night we went to an Art fest where my friend *Abigail Charlton Art* was set up. It turned out to be a beautiful night, low humidity a cool breeze and we enjoyed lots of good company and free dinner and shaved ice.
I heart summer festivals. I heart Abigail Charlton Art.

Sunday turned out to be quite the opposite with unbearable heat which prompted our decision to hang out at our friend’s swimming pool. Now that was relaxing. We played some pool volleyball, which is harder when you are pregnant. When you jump and reach for the ball you realize that you re already stretched to the max, then skin and other things get pulled, needless to say I am a little sore. My game was cut short though after a giant black hornet the size of a small humming bird decided to pick on me and stung my wrist. Let’s just say it feels like getting hit with a baseball thrown by a major league pitcher. Two days later it is still red and puffy and hurts and aches like half way up my arm. So the rest of the pool time was spent floating, which is my favorite thing to do in a pool anyway.

3 comments:

peter marie said...

Ah, thanks Jenn! We were so glad you guys came to hang out!!

That black hornet is scary. Hope it feels back to normal soon!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

That hornet looks awful! I'm so sorry it's still swollen and sore! Hope it will start feeling better soon! Now I'm going to be paranoid for bees...and hornets!

Jenn said...

After this bees are no longer scary, unless of course they are killer bees and then I have flash backs of My Girl.

baby
baby