I have been getting better at making delicious dinners again. I mean that I haven't really bothered to cook much in a long time, so I am back in the game. This winter I have had an obsession with soup. I have made:
beef stew
potato soup
chicken and wild rice soup
split pea with ham (is on the menu)
cheeseburger soup
corn chowder
Boston Baked Bean Stew
15 bean soup
black bean soup (like Panera's)
There is nothing better than a bowl of hot soup when it is freezing cold outside. My other obsession is vanilla mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and cute sprinkles, probably because someone at work has this VS lotion that smells like cupcakes. mmmmm yum.
Andy has his test tomorrow. His work has given him the whole week off to study. Then we were supposed to be going to Colorado to ski on the 15th. But because of the lousy snow, he hurt his back last week shoveling the 9 inches that we got. Why do disks have to bulge? Very disappointed that we won't be able to go. And of course we have gotten more snow since and are supposed to get more tomorrow and then Friday- I can hardly wait..... a high of 6 degrees.
I take back my statement of being content to hangout and stay warm inside. I need warm weather, I need to move somewhere warm, I need sunshine.
...dreaming of some place warm...



1 comment:
Leave the boy at home and come visit me. (except for today and tomorrow)...we've had gloriously sunnily beautiful weather here in southern california. I don't miss snow. I don't miss England. I don't miss cold. You can come visit and we'll sit in the sunshine and purr like contented kitty cats.
Post a Comment