Our most recent argument has been: Are snowboarders really cooler that skiers. It was most recently brought on because I sold my snowboard last week on Craigslist. Now of course growing up in CO, that makes me an expert right? I would definitely say snowboarders are cooler. But Andy completely disagrees He thinks snowboarding is for hippies and skiers are cool because they do jumps and flips and stuff too. He's from Iowa so skiing is cool to iowans because you can't do it here.Now you must know the last 4 years I have only done skiing for a couple of reasons. First and foremost because as all snowboarders know it is a pain in the butt to board with a skier and if you are skiing it is a pain to be with snowboarders, it goes both ways. Well, Andy tried boarding once and didn't like it and I completely agree with his argument "I only get to the slopes once a year I just as well ski since I like it and am good at it." And secondly, I can now ski better than I can snowboard. But if I lived near some slopes and had a season pass I would work on my boarding skills. So for the mean time I ski and enjoy every minute of it.
But, snowboarders are still way cooler and I am not changing my mind. Andy usually has better taste than me but in this case he just cant admit he's wrong. Just because snowboarders are cooler doesn't mean you have to snowboard. The end of my rant.
(Is 'cool' even the right word to use anymore?)



5 comments:
You just don't get it, I am right, no question about it!!! Skiing is way cooler.
Your no so hippie husband,
Andy
I just think it's cool if you make it to any ski resort period. For whatever my two cents are worth, snowboarders do seem to have that .... what's the word .... edge. And that makes them cool. (sorry Andy)
Thanks Alisa!
boarders are mos def cooler than skiiers. and people who say "mos def" are cooler than anyone else. :)
Hey Jenn! You should come out and ski with us at Chestnut Mountain - not exactly CO, but still fun for at least one day. =) There's this group deal we can get every couple of weeks where everything (rental, ski lift, lesson, lunch) is just $22...let me know if you want me to send you the dates of that! And happiest of birthdays to you!! Britt
Post a Comment