Monday, November 10, 2008

Week 1




Things have been going well so far. It would be much easier if I didn't have to take care of myself. I am not even supposed to drive for 2 weeks, and I must of lost quite a bit of blood since I was pretty woozy for the first 3 or 4 days, and everyone kept commenting on my paleness. More about that later. I don't mind getting up with him in the middle of the night at all. That may wear off as I start getting more tired.
Dane went to the doctor 3 times last week, with jaundice and was attached to a bili-blanket for about a day. Tuesday was a little rough though since he was attached to that contraption, then my milk came in and he was choking so bad on one side, my mom kept grabbing him to turn him over and patting his back since he wouldn't breathe and started turning dark, on his way to purple. A little scary, it happened a couple of times so my mom stayed up with me that night for each feeding to keep us calm. He still chokes but at least he can catch his breath on his own now.
The only other trouble is trying to keep him from peeing every time his diaper is off. I am trying to keep ahead of it but it is so unpredictable. I have at least got it so I can contain the mess in a smaller area. Boys.
He is such a sweet little boy and I am so blessed to have him!

8 comments:

une autre mère said...

Awww, I love your new pics! I'm glad you're starting to figure out the pee thing. Even my girls were great at peeing all over me! And Millie was especially good pooping every time I had her diaper off. I hope you start feeling better this week. Let me know if you need any help once your mom leaves!

une autre mère said...

Awww, I love your new pics! I'm glad you're starting to figure out the pee thing. Even my girls were great at peeing all over me! And Millie was especially good at pooping every time I had her diaper off. I hope you start feeling better this week. Let me know if you need any help once your mom leaves!

une autre mère said...

I don't know why that comment just posted twice, but hey, why not throw in a 3rd one?

peter marie said...

Yeah! I love those pictures. I'm glad things are going well and I hope feeding him gets better and better. He's just the sweetest little baby. Can't wait to see him again....we'll be over for a lot of visits. :)

Liss said...

glad every one liked the pics that I took lol! =D since Jenn didn't give me any credit even after waking me up from a nice nap to take the pics! lol but I will say it was worth getting up for lol even if I wasn't completely awake while doing it....

Melissa said...

Week 1? And, seriously, did you stage him sucking his thumb or has he already found it to soothe himself? If so, I'd say you've got a genius on your hands!
I'm glad feeding is going better, and it will only get better and better over time. Every single mom I've talked to has said they had some problem with feeding. It stinks, but at least we can all share stories, right?
And I just love all the pictures! What a blessing to have a great photographer at the ready!
Congratulations again. :o)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

He is SO cute! The kids just love looking at these pictures over and over!
The peeing thing is pretty fun, huh! One Step Ahead has a "gadget" called a Wee Block--I wished I would have bought a couple! Here's the website: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=427777&parentCategoryId=85182&categoryId=85209
Hope things keep going so swell! ;)

Anonymous said...

So, I almost posted the same link to One Step Ahead, until I saw that someone else had beat me to it. Acctually, I have not need that thing (since I have two girls :-), but I order a lot of things from this website, so I had seen it before. Thinking of you guys and praying for you lots!
--Christie

baby
baby