Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Already!?

I am so bummed that summer weather is over. I love summertime, the warmth in the air the bright sunshine, even the humidity. I love that you don’t need to pack extra gear, you can just go and be free, I love that it feels good to wear skirts and sundresses. We all have limits and at times it gets a little too hot but overall I love summer. I don’t think there was more than a day or two where I wished it were a bit cooler and this is coming from a pregnant girl. Even on those days I enjoy a few popsicles and a bowl of ice cream to cool me down and all is good. I used to like all seasons, but quite frankly this fall weather is making be a bit grumbly. It signifies that the next 8 months are going to be cold, jackets, coats, hats, gloves, extra junk to haul around, static, shivering, numb fingers, frozen nose and yucky cold, biting cold wind that makes your eyes tear up and your nose run. I was made for the South. The worst part is I woke up freezing and I don’t have a single warm jacket that I can close around me and keep me and my protruding belly warm. Seriously I thought I was supposed to be hot and miserable while pregnant. Aside from the occasional hot flash I am probably the only 8 month pregnant girl who walks through the frozen food section shivering.
Enough grumbling, I will try to get a yummy apple cider or pumpkin candle to burn and turn the heat on.

7 comments:

elisa beeson said...

i was right there with ya - i was preggo through out the whole winter - and i mean the WHOLE winter....all the way to april:( i was miserably cold and then got overheated with all my layers...gah you can't win when you're pregnant! it's a little late now for you - sice your boo boo will be here soon, but old navy had the best maternity coats i found - online only though :(

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Thank you! Finally someone who totally is like-minded on the whole weather situation! I feel bad for not liking fall because it leads to yucky winter...you may really not like winter after going through one with a baby! I was always a nervous nelly about falling down with a baby.
I'm here for you...hot cider, hot chocolate, hot soup,the whole gig... let me know!

Jenn said...

I hadn't even thought about carrying a baby on ice. As many times as I fell last winter I am going to have to buy those ice shoes with the metal spikes :o)

peter marie said...

We are complete weather opposites! Though, if it's a winter like last years I won't like it. I like winter up until Christmas, maybe a little until my birthday, and then I'm done with it! At least today was gorgeous. I'm sure there will be a lot more nice days. I think the cold days last week were a fluke. Hopefully! As much as I love fall, I wouldn't mind some more warm days.

Kelly said...

you should move to california!!! i was definitely a hot-blooded pregnant woman. and that was in the fall and winter! no matter what i was wearing, i was burning up. i lived in a tank top and shorts at the house when it was a blizzard outside. so, i'm a little afraid to be pregnant during the summer.

i think i'm actually going to miss fall. but the thing i like most about fall is cuddling up outside with a blanket and sweatshirt - and that's every night here.

yo_mama said...

There's room for 3 more people in LA:)

Elizabeth said...

At least you can be excited to bundle up your little one in sweet clothes and blankets and hats! I know it's work...but fun, too! You're getting close! I must say, I'm a bit jealous of your nice tummy...being tall means the baby doesn't hang out nearly so much! And I sympathize a ton with not having anything warm that fits :(

baby
baby