Monday, December 3, 2007

Mi madre is sick


We got a call from my dad on Saturday letting us know that my mom was in the hospital waiting for her appendix to be removed. Come to find out it had actually burst maybe a week prior, possibly over thanksgiving weekend. So she is spending the week in the hospital recovering. I wish I could go visit. My dad says she is not up for visiting, but I just want to go and sit at the hospital with her. It stinks being so far away. Mom is the toughest person I know, she never cries over pain - at least not that I have ever seen, and she rarely takes anything to ease the pain. Which may be why she waited so long to go to the Dr. So far she is doing fine- for what she has gone through. I know it is a fairly common surgery, but any surgery has it's risks. I wish her a speedy recovery and am praying for her.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

i know how you feel. my mom went through a year of recovering from a string of surgeries. i was able to go visit for about a week, and that made me feel much better, just being with her. i'll be praying for her!

Jenn said...

Thanks Kelly!

abbycharlton said...

Flu and appendix. Your family got hit hard! Hope she recovers quickly. I"ll be praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Jenn - I pray your mom heals quickly! Let us know if there's any updates...Brittany

baby
baby