We left DSM in the middle of a bad snowstorm to go to my Uncle Brian and Aunt Kristi's ranch near Phillipsburg, KS which I have always enjoyed visiting over the years. We brought their daughter with us who is currently attending FBBC here in Iowa. My parents and siblings came as well as another Aunt and Uncle and 5 of their kids. Yep that's right that means there were about 20 of us staying in one house! Married people got their own rooms:o) Also on this side of the family there are 10 granddaughters ranging from ages 16-25. I am the oldest by a few years. And a bonus we all get along great and love each other bunches.
While we were there we went 4 wheeling, had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal, and an annual bonfire the day after thanksgiving, hot dog roast, s'mores, a snow storm, snowball fight, and sickness.
While we were there we went 4 wheeling, had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal, and an annual bonfire the day after thanksgiving, hot dog roast, s'mores, a snow storm, snowball fight, and sickness.
The night we arrived we caught wind that the stomach bug had gone around with my cousin and his family that lived nearby. I try to keep this on the DL but I become a basket case whenever I hear this(heart racing, shortness of breath). Yup, everything was fine until Saturday morning. We found a few people not feeling well, I started secretly panicking. So I convinced my wonderful but sick with a cold husband and my cousin (who becomes a basket case like myself) to leave a day early. I am so glad for that decision, because the sickness spread. Andy and I escaped with only severe colds!!! I will take a cold any day over that other business! Here are some pictures of the good times from the trip. We didn't get any big group pics.
sleeping quarters4 Wheeling with my hubby
Janae and my sister Rachel
Sisters: Aunt Sara and my mom

My brother Ryan shortly after he got his eyeball hit with a rubber band

The bonfire
Tessha and my sister Melissa at the bonfire


No comments:
Post a Comment